Next.js is a React-based framework for creating reactive web applications. It can also be used to create desktop and mobile apps.
Nextra is a framework based on Next.js that allows you to build a theme-able website or documentation website without dealing with MDX setup, configuration, or theme creation. It has been used to create many beautiful websites, blogs, developer documentations, and landing pages.
- Simple setup
- MDX 2 support
- Built-in search with full-text search (using FlexSearch) support without any configuration
- Advanced syntax highlighting solution.
- Full translation support with I18n
- Built-in dark mode.
- Using file-based page routers.
- Hybrid rendering support including: SSG, SSR and ISR.
- RTL support
- Highly customizable theme
- Ready-to use Document theme
Although Nextra was advertised as a Blog theme, it is not yet ready to use in production. However, you can create and use your own theme with little effort.
Nextra is an open-source project that is released under the MIT license.