NormCap is a free open-source OCR and screen-capture tool that extract data from any part of your screen.
Under the hood, NormCap uses Tesseract; the open-source OCR engine that supports dozens of languages by default and used in many enterprise apps.
NormCap is written with Python and works for Windows, Linux and macOS.
- Lightweight app
- Works on Windows, Linux, and macOS
- Available for Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Arch Linux
- Supports multiple monitors
- Supports dozens of languages
- Works directly from the system tray.
- Heuristic parsing: useful for emails
- Includes raw capture mode and parse mode (default)
- Supports single, multiline text and complex paragraphs
- Supports emails and URLs by default