What is OmniDB?
OmniDB is an open source browser-based app designed to access and manage many Database Management systems, e.g. PostgreSQL, Oracle and MySQL.
OmniDB can run either as an App or via Browser, combining the flexibility needed for various access paths with a design that puts security first.
OmniDB’s main objective is to offer an unified workspace with all functionalities needed to manipulate different DMBS. DBMS specific tools aren’t required: in OmniDB, the context switch between different DBMS is done with a simple connection switch, without leaving the same page. The end-user’s sensation is that there is no difference when he/she manipulates different DBMS, it just feels like different connections.
- Supports unlimited amount of users
- Supports MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, SQLite, Oracle
- Built-in support for LDAP, and Active Directory
- User-friendly interface
- Comes with a built-in console
- Advanced Query manager and editor
- UI: Supports multiple tabs
- Visualize the database transaction rates
- OmniDB's own graphical explain component (displaying Explain and Explain Analyze)
- Built-in advanced connection manager
- Supports multiple connection to the same database
- Comes with a built-in monitoring engine
- Auto-reconnect the database
- Easy to migrate from old version to the newer one
- Option to use PostgreSQL as OmniDB's backend database
- Walkthroughs UI helpers
- Windows 64 bits
- Linux: Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora
OmniDB is an open-source project that is released under the MIT license.