OpenDocMan is a free, web-based, open source document management system (DMS) written in PHP designed to comply with ISO 17025 and OIE standard for document management. It features web based access, fine-grained control of access to files, and automated install and upgrades.
It is a modular system that has dozens of plugins to extend its functionalities. 4
OpenDocMan offers a free, open-source community edition (CE), and an enterprise edition (EE).
- Easy to install, configure, and use
- OpenDocMan has a rich and advanced user system
- It supports many languages that include English, Chinese, Dutch, German, Turkish, Spanish, and Portuguese.
- Unlimited File Types: Add any file type to the system
- Metadata fields for each file
- Assign a department/category to each file
- Check-out feature to prevent over-writing of edits
- Revision history
- Documents are stored physically on the server
- File expiration
- Create custom document properties to match your companies needs
- Automated document review process
- Automated file expiration process
- Reviewer can approve or reject a new document or a changed document
- E-mail notification options prior to and after a review
- Quick-browse search by author, department, or category
- Full search by meta-data, author, department, category, file name, comments,etc.
- No external indexing processes required
- Secure URL features to obfuscate URL parameters
- Fine-grained user access control for each file
- Departmental access control for each file
- Three user types: User, Admin, and Super-Admin
- Control the size limit of files independent of higher server limits
Document Management Server Requirements
- Very lightweight and easy to install
- PHP 5/MySQL 5
- Automatic installer and updater
OpenDocMan is released under the open-source GPL license.