If you are using Bluetooth scale devices to sync and record your weight, but you do not want to use privacy-intrusive apps which are stuffed by ads and malware scripts, then you should consider openScale.
What is openScale?
The openScale is a free, open-source android app that helps you track your weight and sync with dozens of Bluetooth scales, even more it respects your privacy.
What can you track with openScale?
With openScale you can monitor and track:
- Weight, BMI (body mass index),
- body water,
- LBM (lean body mass),
- body fat,
- bone mass,
- waist circumference,
- waist-to-height ratio,
- hip circumference,
- waist-hip ratio,
- visceral fat,
- chest circumference,
- thigh circumference,
- biceps circumference,
- neck circumference,
- body fat caliper
- and BMR (basal metabolic
- Resizable widget to show the latest measurement on the home screen
- Configure your weight unit: kg, lb or st
- Set a goal to help keep your diet
- Displays all your data on a chart and in a table to track your progress
- Evaluates measurements and gives a quick visual feedback to show you if you’re within or outside the recommended range given your age, sex, height etc.
- Import or export your data from/into a CSV (comma separated value) file
- Supports body fat, body water and lean body mass estimations based on scientific publications. Useful if your scale doesn’t support those measurements.
- Support for multiple users
- Partially or fully translated into Catalan, Chinese (traditional), Czech, Dutch, English, French, Galician, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish
- Optional dark theme
Supported Bluetooth scales
- Custom-made Bluetooth scale
- Beurer BF700, BF710 and BF800
- Digoo DG-S038H
- Excelvan CF369BLE
- Exingtech Y1
- Hesley (Yunchen)
- Medisana BS444, BS440
- Runtastic Libra
- Sanitas SBF70
- Silvercrest SBF75
- Xiaomi Mi scale v1 and v2
- Yunmai Mini and SE
- iHealth HS3
- Easy Home 64050
openScale supports many other models which you can check here.
It does not require any registration account, or even care to share your data to the cloud.
This app has no ads and requests no unnecessary permissions. The location permission is only needed to find a Bluetooth scale. Once found the permission can be revoked (or never granted if Bluetooth isn't used).
openScale doesn't send any data to a cloud and not having permission to access the internet is a strong guarantee of that.
Download and install openScale app
The openScale app is licensed under the GPL v3.