OpenSearchServer is an open-source search engine software that allows developers to create their own search engine for their websites or applications. It is developed in Java and comes with a REST API that allows developers to integrate search functionality into their applications easily.
OpenSearchServer is a powerful, enterprise-class, search engine software based on Lucene. Using the web user interface, the crawlers (web, file, database, ...) and the JSON webservice you will be able to integrate quickly and easily advanced full-text search capabilities in your application. OpenSearchServer runs on Linux/Unix/BSD/Windows.
OpenSearchServer comes with a wide range of features, including:
- Indexing of various formats including HTML, PDF, DOC, RTF, ODT, and more.
- Advanced search capabilities including Boolean, proximity, faceting, and fuzzy search.
- Integration with popular CMS platforms such as WordPress, Drupal, and Joomla.
- Real-time indexing and search capabilities.
- Multi-language support.
- Analytics and reporting tools.
- Open-source and free to use.
- High performance and fast search results.
- Customizable and flexible to suit specific needs.
- Search API
- Parsers allowing you to get content and metadata from most documents and formats, such as XML, HTML/XHTML, Adobe™ PDF, Microsoft™ Word™, PowerPoint™, OpenOffice™, RTF, Plain text, Torrent, Audio files (MP3/MP4, OGG, FLAC, WMA) etc.
- HTML renderer allowing the integration of the search box in an HTML/XHTML page, working with PHP and .NET, client library and XML over HTTP API.
1- Search functions
- Advanced full-text search features
- Phonetic search
- Advanced boolean search with query language
- Clustered results with faceting and collapsing
- Filter search using sub-requests (including negative filters)
- Relevance customization
- Search suggestion facility (auto-completion)
- Supports 18 languages
- Fields schema with analyzers in each language
- Several filters: n-gram, lemmatization, shingle, stripping diacritic from words,…
- Automatic language recognition
- Named entity recognition
- Word synonyms and expression synonyms
- Export indexed terms with frequencies
- Automatic classification
3- Document supported
- HTML / XHTML
- MS Office documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Publisher)
- OpenOffice documents
- Adobe PDF (with OCR)
- RTF, Plaintext
- Audio files metadata (wav, mp3, AIFF, Ogg)
- Torrent files
- OCR over images
- The web crawler for internet, extranet and intranet
- The file systems crawler for local and remote files (NFS, SMB/CIFS, FTP, FTPS, SWIFT)
- The database crawler for all JDBC databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, …)
- Filter inclusion or exclusion with wildcards
- Session parameters removal
- SQL join and linked files support
- Screenshot capture
- JSON web service
- Index replication and sharding
- Federated search
OpenSearchServer offers several benefits for users, including:
- Cost-effective solution for search functionality.
- Easy to install and use.
- Customizable to suit specific needs.
- Scalable for large websites and applications.
- Improved user experience with advanced search capabilities.
OpenSearchServer can be used in various scenarios, including:
- E-commerce websites for product search and filtering.
- Educational websites for content search and retrieval.
- Government websites for document search and retrieval.
- Intranet search for corporate knowledge management.
- Site search for publishers and media companies.
OpenSearchServer requires Java 8 or higher to run. It can be installed on Windows, Linux, and macOS operating systems.
- Linux: Ubuntu, Fedora, Centos
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License here.