Papermerge is an open source document management system (DMS) primarily designed for archiving and retrieving your digital documents. Instead of having piles of paper documents all over your desk, office or drawers - you can quickly scan them and configure your scanner to directly upload to Papermerge DMS.
Papermerge DMS on its turn will OCR the document and index it. You will be able to quickly find any (scanned!) document using full text search capabilities.
Its backend is build with Django and its frontend with EmberJS.
This is web-based software. This means there is no executable file (aka no .exe files), and it must be run on a web server and accessed through a web browser.
- Responsive user-friendly interface
- Documents of PDF, JPG, PNG, tiff formats are supported
- Advanced access control list (ACL)
- Desktop like user interface
- OCR - used to extract text for documents indexing
- Full text search (document content is extracted using OCR and indexed with Elasticsearch)
- Comes with a built-in metadata extractor
- Document Versioning (all operations on the documents are non-destructive)
- User defined metadata per folder/document/page
- Tags - assign colored tags to documents or folders
- Documents and Folders - users can organize documents in folders
- Multi-User (Groups, Roles)
- Built-on logs manager
- User permissions management
- Document permissions management
- REST API
- Page Management - delete, reorder, rotate and extract pages
- Basic document automation
Papermerge is an open-source released under the Apache-2.0 License.