What is Payload?
Payload is a free open-source headless CMS that built on top of Node.js technologies as TypeScript, React, and Express. It uses MongoDB as a database backend.
It comes with a clean clutter-free admin control panel, a rich documentation, and a developer-friendly structure to build websites, CMS, mobile apps, eCommerce solutions, and any web apps.
- Completely free and open-source
- GraphQL, REST, and Local APIs
- Easily customizable ReactJS Admin
- WYSIWYG editor
- Fully self-hosted
- Extensible Authentication
- Local file storage & upload
- Comes with a strong built-in authentications
- Version History and Drafts
- Field-based Localization
- Block-based Layout Builder
- Extensible SlateJS rich text editor
- Array field type
- Field conditional logic
- Extremely granular Access Control
- Document and field-level hooks for every action Payload provides
- Built with Typescript & very Typescript-friendly
- Intensely fast API
- Highly secure thanks to HTTP-only cookies, CSRF protection, and more
- Supports localization out of the box
- SEO-friendly options
Payload is an open-source project released under the MIT license.