Payload CMS is a headless content management system (CMS) that allows developers to efficiently build and manage content-rich websites and applications. It provides a flexible and intuitive interface for content creation, editing, and publishing.
Some key features of Payload CMS include:
- Customizable Content Models: Payload CMS allows you to define your own content models and fields, tailored to your specific project requirements.
- API-First Approach: It follows an API-first approach, allowing you to easily integrate your content with any front-end framework or technology.
- Flexible Relationships: Payload CMS supports various types of relationships between content, such as one-to-one, one-to-many, and many-to-many.
- User Roles and Permissions: You can define user roles and permissions to control who can access and edit content within the CMS.
- Webhooks and Integrations: Payload CMS provides webhooks and integrations with other services, enabling seamless automation and data syncing.
- Localization and Internationalization: It offers built-in support for managing content in multiple languages and locales.
- Versioning and Drafts: Payload CMS allows you to create drafts, preview changes, and revert to previous versions of your content.
Version control is an essential feature of Payload CMS. With version history and drafts, you can easily track changes and revert to previous versions if needed. Field-based localization allows you to create multilingual content with ease. The block-based layout builder provides a flexible way to structure your content.
The rich text editor, powered by SlateJS, offers extensive customization options for creating and editing content. The array field type enables you to work with arrays of data efficiently. Field conditional logic allows you to control the visibility and behavior of fields based on certain conditions.
Access control in Payload CMS is highly granular, providing you with fine-grained control over who can access and modify your content. Document and field-level hooks allow you to customize the behavior of Payload CMS for every action it performs. The CMS is built with Typescript, making it highly compatible with Typescript projects.
Payload CMS delivers excellent performance with its fast API. It ensures a secure environment for your application with features like HTTP-only cookies and CSRF protection.
- Completely free and open-source
- GraphQL, REST, and Local APIs
- Easily customizable ReactJS Admin
- Fully self-hosted
- Extensible Authentication
- Local file storage & upload
- Version History and Drafts
- Field-based Localization
- Block-based Layout Builder
- Extensible SlateJS rich text editor
- Array field type
- Field conditional logic
- Extremely granular Access Control
- Document and field-level hooks for every action Payload provides
- Built with Typescript & very Typescript-friendly
- Intensely fast API
- Highly secure thanks to HTTP-only cookies, CSRF protection, and more
Payload CMS is released as an open-source project under the MIT license.