While Headless CMS solutions are trending, it is not easy to pick the right one for enterprise work. That's not the case with Payload Headless CMS as it is built for enterprise users.
Payload CMS comes with a full support for REST API and GraphQL. It also supports local file storage with a straightforward upload API.
With Payload CMS, developers can set custom post types, custom fields, manage the content history, drafts, and revision with ease, and use the block-based layout editor for building eye-catching rich pages.
Payload CMS is built on top of Express.js, MongoDB, and React framework.
- Completely free and open-source
- GraphQL, REST, and Local APIs
- Easily customizable ReactJS Admin
- Fully self-hosted
- Extensible Authentication
- Local file storage & upload
- Version History and Drafts
- Field-based Localization
- Block-based Layout Builder
- Extensible SlateJS rich text editor
- Array field type
- Field conditional logic
- Extremely granular Access Control
- Document and field-level hooks for every action Payload provides
- Built with Typescript & very Typescript-friendly
- Intensely fast API
- Highly secure thanks to HTTP-only cookies, CSRF protection, and more
The next context is a quote from Payload repo:
- Bring your own Express server and do whatever you require on top of Payload. Payload doesn't impose anything on you or your app.
- Completely control the Admin panel by using your own React components. Swap out fields or even entire views with ease.
- Use your data however and wherever you require thanks to auto-generated, yet fully extensible REST, GraphQL, and Local Node APIs.
Payload is an open-source that is released under the MIT License.