PiNote is a simple lightweight open-source code editor for Windows, Linux, and macOS. It is a small software package, written using Free Pascal and Lazarus IDE.
PiNote supports multiple languages, macro, syntax highlighting, built-in file encryption and decryption, and more other features.
However, the primary feature that you like is it comes with different interface modes: minimal, basic, and a rich interface.
- Performance - PiNote is a single file executable. It does not require installations or configurations. Just even copy it to a folder wherever you want and it's ready to work!
- PiNote supports the major programming languages, including the assembler languages of the most popular processors.
- Security - PiNote can encrypt your files with a key of your choice. Plus you have full control of the data placed on the clipboard.
- Flexibility - PiNote allows you to configure as many as 24 external tools to be launched with simple keyboard shortcuts.
- Personalization - PiNote allows you to customize it however you want. Plus, you can choose your style from 58 pre-configured themes!
Supported programming languages
- Adobe ActionScript
- D language
- Go language
- INI file
- Inno setup script
- MSDos batch script
- Unix shell script
- Visual Basic
- Windows 64 and 32 bit
- Linux 32 and 64 bit
- Raspberry Pi