Relp is a free and open-source web-based messenger that anyone can self-host in his own server. The project is written by Abishek PY; a future computer engineer and a passionate open-source developer.
The project is released under the MIT license as an open-source project for commercial and personal use.
It is an ideal solution for small companies, teams or community groups.
It features end-to-end encryption for messaging, push notification, offline sync mode, and voice calls.
Under the hood, the projects uses React framework, Firebase and Node.js technologies.
- Responsive design that works seamlessly with mobile and tablets screens.
- Compatible with all modern browsers: Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Brave, Opera and Microsoft Edge.
- Supports offline mode messages sync
- User online status
- File sharing and seamless file transfer
- Supports Markdown for messages
- Voice call support
- Comes with a built-in dark and light mode
- Push notifications
- Social login: Google, GitHub, and Facebook login
- Login as a Guest mode
- Same network mode: Seamless mobile transfer between your devices
- Comes with a strong search with full-text search under the hood for all messages
- All Markdown context as links, images, text decorations tasks (to-do lists) and more.
- Desktop app for Windows
The project is released under the MIT License.