RemoteClinic is an open-source software solution for clinic management. It focuses on improving the clinical flow for patients and providing more process control for other clinic-related processes.
Despite being based on PHP/MySQL, which may seem old-fashioned, this open-source EMR (electronic medical record) solution offers a unique way to manage workflows and a modern, mobile-ready user interface. This approach is shared by many other open-source EMR and clinical-related solutions in the same domain.
RemoteClinic offers more real-time and reactive features, such as notifications that include smart alerting and warnings like "Inventory Warnings," as well as easy-to-read graphs and charts.
Remote Clinic is a PHP-based solution that uses MySQL as its database backend. It has a lightweight data structure and is easy to install by following the instructions. To install it locally, you'll need a local PHP/MySQL development server like WAMP for Windows, MAMP or XAMPP for macOS, and XAMPP for Linux.
The simple and responsive design works great on an iPhone 7 Plus browser. Links for these development servers are provided in the references section.
I installed Remote Clinic on Mac OSX using MAMP, which took less than 2 minutes. I was able to log in smoothly with the provided username and password. The system is fast and comes with demo data for users, clinics, and medications. Adding new users, clinics, and medications was a smooth process, and the graphs are rendered smoothly.
The user interface is simple, easy to use, and makes it easy to find items, including the dashboard.
- Dashboard to rule them all. The dashboard here is a killer feature, the developer design it to provide complete monitoring and control of the system.
- Users levels and permissions : Doctors, Nurses, Staff nurses, Managers, ( but defining a new type/ level/ permissions for users is not available yet)
- Multiple clinics
- fast secure remote access.
- Logging activity
- Activity reporting
- Medication/ Stocks follow-up
- Easy smooth patients registration and profiling
- Search : for patients, doctors, staff.
- The systems are missing many elements and features required as default for clinics as appointments.
- No modules and no extensions' system yet.
- Reporting, thought there are some reporting tools but complete reporting tool is required
- Developer documentation is still missing.
What is needed to push RemoteClinic to the next stage?
- Provide the necessary missing tools for clinics.
- Provide easy developers tools and documentations
- Provide notification and activity/ logging feed as core feature required to handle multiple clinics with integration to push notification services.
- Provide more flexible workflow to suite different clinical settings.
Project status : Unknown
Though the system is currently not being updated for 2 years, and there is no visible roadmap, but let's hope it'll regain its activity soon and finish the missing elements to be usable by the end users and the open-source community.
- RemoteClinic is released as an Open-source Free software under GPLv2.0
- RemoteClinic homepage.
- RemoteClinic github.
- RemoteClinic Twitter , Facebook
- The Developer: Saad Irfan
- WAMP (local development server to install RemoteClinic on Windows)
- MAMP (install RemoteClinic on Mac OSX)
- XAMPP (Install For Linux/ Mac OSX)