Scan It project was created to facilitate and ease document scanning from web browsers. The project is built with C# as a backend, HTML as frontend and plenty of open source libraries.
Solutions that depend on document digitization most of the time depend on scanners to be used within the project implementation. For instance, a project that is switched from hardcopy document processing to a softcopy document processing and the client needs that all old documents to be digitized.
Here comes the use of scanner devices, and the client needs all of the systems to be web-based, no desktop software allowed. Here comes Scan It to save the day.
- Runs across most web browsers (Based on HTML)
- Supports TWAiN and WIA drivers
- The user interface can be completely customizable (Web developer can build a different UI)
- Process URL parameters and send to backend
- Can execute a custom application (third party) when saving the document and pass the document stream and the URL parameters to the application as arguments
- Can call a custom restful service (third party) and pass the document stream and the URL parameters to the application as arguments. It can also by pass untrusted certificates for development purposes
- Can be embedded inside projects within IFrame or in a new window with cross domain communication using post messaging inside web browsers
- Include a configurator to change settings (GUI or CMD)
- Include an installer and uninstaller (GUI and CMD)
GNU Library or Lesser General Public License version 2.0 (LGPLv2)