SearXNG is a free internet metasearch engine which aggregates results from various search services and databases. Users are neither tracked nor profiled.
You can easily find dozens of secure and private instances for your search that are hosted securely for free on many servers. Furthermore, some of these servers are hosted on Tor, which grants more security and privacy.
Users can run their private instance using Docker on their own server or a local machine.
- User-friendly interface
- Responsive design that works on mobile, tablets and large screens
- Comes with a light and dark theme versions with a switch button
- Supports Right-to-Left languages (RTL)
- Search dozens of research engines
- Engines are grouped inside each tab
- Each engine has a description
- Easy to setup, and deploy: Docker image available
- Supports proxy and online Tor search
- Rich reporting for each search engine
- Supports multiple languages
- Supports special queries
- Easy to configure search engines
- Comes with a rich administration API
- Offers a useful set of built-in plugins
- Developers can easily build their custom plugins
How does SearXNG protect privacy?
SearXNG protects the privacy of its users in multiple ways regardless of the type of the instance (private, public). Removal of private data from search requests comes in three forms:
- removal of private data from requests going to search services
- not forwarding anything from a third party services through search services (e.g. advertisement)
- removal of private data from requests going to the result pages
SearXNG is released under the AGPL-3.0 license.