Shaark: Keep your bookmarks and data in one place
As every daily internet user, you have resources all around, which include posts, links, comments, passwords, images, and more.
Some create a text file or a spreadsheet file to keep track of their data. Well, with Shaark, they do not need to do that.
What is Shaark?
Shaark is an open-source self-hosted solution to help users record, save and share their content with one platform.
It is built by Marceau a full-stack web developer from France. He uses Laravel the PHP framework, Node.js, and several open-source libraries to build Shaark.
- Save your bookmarks with an automated health check for links
- A responsive user interface makes the system works seamlessly on small screens
- Tile-Card views
- Multi-user: Shaark supports many users as users can share or keep their content public, private, or in “only-me” mode.
- Stories and notes with full Markdown support
- Password Vaults/ Chest:
- Photos organized in photo albums
- Sharing extension
- Organize your content with tags
- Content stream to keep track of the new content
- Search with full-text support
- Keep your content private or some content private and hidden
- Media archiving
- Database encryption
- 2-FA; Two-factor authentication ensures an extra layer of security
- Theme customization
- Dark mode support
- Media archiving: Shaark archives the content as PDF files.
- Automatic backup
- Multilingual support with i18n
- Authentication monitoring
- Password Chest encryption using AES-256-CBC
- Extensive end-user guides, which helps user to install, followup with archiving process, backup, how comments work, and system internals
Shark currently supports English, German, French, Japanese, and more. Anyone can translate it to any other language.
Shaark is released under MIT license.
Submit a guest post!
We have limited spots for guest posts, and link insertion per month.
Learn more here
Find out about our services and how can we help you with your business. Services.
UMLet is a free, open-source UML modeling tool for developers that allows them to draw UML diagrams quickly and export them to many formats. The program is released as an open-source under GPL-3.0 License. UMLet features Easy to use interfa.......Read more...
If you are a freelance photographer, agency, or professional who has and wants to showcase his multimedia work, like photos, and videos, most likely you have several profiles here and there. There are various solutions to achieve that, but.......Read more...
Ever felt trapped while managing dozens of contacts, activities, pets activities, reminders, and follow-up social events like birthdays and so on? Well, you can easily manage all of this and more with Monica. Monica is a free, open-source s.......Read more...
Penpot is a free, open-source web-based design and prototyping application for teams. It works with open web standards as it uses SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) format. Penpot can be installed on a remote server or the local machine with he.......Read more...
What is FreeScout?FreeScout is a free, open-source web-based support and ticketing system. It is written in PHP using the Laravel framework. FreeScout features a responsive user interface that works on small mobile screens and tablets. It i.......Read more...