Statamic is the flat-first, Laravel + Git powered CMS designed for building beautiful, easy to manage websites.
It may look like WordPress in away, but it comes with dozens of unique custom features that allow developers to build large scale websites.
Statamic comes with a rich dashboard that grants the site admins full control over their content, layouts, data, and assets.
The project comes in two editions: a free open-source edition and a pro one that offers several unique features and add-ons for enterprise.
In the next section, we will list some of its amazing features.
- Comes with a comprehensive rich user-interface
- Easy to install, configure, and manage
- Developer-friendly API that allows developer to write their own add-ons
- Built-in rich asset management
- Rich navigation manager that supports many navigation menus
- Support custom forms
- Built-in full-text search
- User-defined custom fields
- Content Revision
- Field sets manager
- Taxonomies manager
- Supports user-defined collections: pages, posts, events, galleries
- Built-in image editor: supports basic image editing modes
- User can build their own custom layouts, views, and templates
- Comes with a rich blueprint manager with a drag-and-drop option
- Supports dozens of field types
- Users can choose to deploy everything on any Git service like GitHub, or GitLab.
The open-source community edition (Core) is released under the Copyright © Statamic, LLC.
Permission is hereby granted to any person obtaining a copy of this software (the “Software”) to use, copy, modify, merge, publish and/or distribute copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
- Do not plagiarize. The above copyright notice and this license shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
- Do not use the same license on more than one project. Each licensed copy of the Software shall be actively installed in no more than one production environment at a time.
- Do not alter the licensing features. Software features related to licensing shall not be altered or circumvented in any way, including (but not limited to) license validation, feature or edition restrictions, and update eligibility.
- Not for reuse. The Software and the proprietary code therein, not limited to but including designs, components, classes, and patterns, may not be reused in other projects without the express written consent of Statamic, LLC.
- Follow the law. All use of the Software shall not violate any applicable law or regulation, nor infringe the rights of any other person or entity.
- Read more about this license here.