Switzerland initiated COVID-19 Science Task Force
Switzerland has its own Science task force as a response to COVID-19 pandemics. It is a required initiative to put all the scientific minds into good use to advise, plan and overcome the challenges for the threats.
The Swiss National COVID-19 Science Task Force is created specifically for COVID-19 pandemic, directed by Professor Matthias Egger, a professor of epidemiology and public health at the University of Bern in Switzerland.
The Task Force is formed by expert groups of professors, experts, and researchers and an advisory panel led by Dr. Matthias Egger.
What will the Task Force do?
- Assist the political authorities with information regarding COVID-19
- Support decision-makers
- Acts as an advisory board for local states "cantonal" authorities
- Identifying fields and opportunities for the scientific communities
- Identifying opportunities for innovation regarding COVID-19 products and services
The Task Force expert groups
There are several groups in the Swiss National COVID-19 Science Force, each group is chaired by an expert. Here are the current groups:
- Clinical care Expert
- Data and modelling
- Diagnostics and testing Expert
- Digital epidemiology
- Ethics, legal, social
- Exchange platform
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Public health
- Vaccines and vaccination strategies
Keep-in-mind that new groups can be formed in the future according to the need.