What is the TaskJuggler app?
TaskJuggler is a modern and powerful, Free and Open Source Software project management tool. Its new approach to project planning and tracking is more flexible and superior to the commonly used Gantt chart editing tools.
TaskJuggler is project management software for serious project managers. It covers the complete spectrum of project management tasks from the first idea to the completion of the project. It assists you during project scoping, resource assignment, cost and revenue planning, risk and communication management.
TaskJuggler provides an optimizing scheduler that computes your project timelines and resource assignments based on the project outline and the constraints that you have provided. The built-in resource balancer and consistency checker offload you from having to worry about irrelevant details and ring the alarm if the project gets out of hand. The flexible as-many-details-as-necessary approach allows you to plan your project as you go, making it also ideal for new management strategies such as Extreme Programming and Agile Project Management.
- Manages tasks, resources, and accounts of your project
- Powerful to-do list management
- Detailed reference manual
- Simple installation
- Runs on all Linux, Unix, Windows, macOS and several other operating systems
- Full integration with Vim text editor
- Automatic resource leveling and tasks conflict resolution
- Unlimited number of scenarios (baselines) of the same project for what-if analysis
- Flexible working hours and leave management
- Support for shift working
- Multiple time zone support
- Tasks may have initial costs, finishing costs
- Resources may have usage based costs
- Task and/or resource base cost models
- Support for profit/loss analysis
- Comprehensive and flexible reports so you can find the information you need when you need it
- Powerful filtering functions to provide the right amount of detail to the right audience
- Time and status sheet reporting infrastructure
- Project tracking and status reporting with dashboard support
Scaling and Enterprise Features
- Projects can be combined to larger projects
- Support for central resource allocation database
- Manages roles and complex reporting lines
- Powerful project description language with macro support
- Scales well on multi-core or multi-CPU systems
- Support for project management teams and revision control systems
- Data export to Microsoft Project and Computer Associates Clarity
Web Publishing and Groupware Functions
- HTML reports for web publishing
- CSV data export for exchange with popular office software
- iCalendar export for data exchange with calendar and productivity applications
- Built-in web server for dynamic and interactive reports
- Server based time sheet system for status and actual work reporting
TaskJuggler source code is licensed under the GNU General Public License version 2. The documentation is licensed under the GNU Free Document License version 1.3.