You have hustled hard throughout all those years of your formal education, and now you need a job that justifies those years of burning the midnight oil. Hence, we bring to you our list of the Top 10 Highest Paying IT Jobs for the year 2021.
Some may decide on these study tracks to develop their career or do a massive career shift, then this article is for them.
Also, consider that the rankings of this list have been decided not just on the average salary, but also the salary range. So keeping that in mind, let's get started.
Top 10 Highest Paying IT Jobs For 2021.
1- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Engineer
AI can surpass human decision-making, more accurately consistently 24 /7 and based on more facts, which is why AI and ML Engineers are on top of the game. As they are the ones leading the path into our future.
What skills do you need to become an Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Engineer?
- Learning essential math and statistics
- Scripting and coding skills
- Learning programming language with a rich library of statistical packages such as Python and R language.
- You need to know the tools and technologies involved in Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and Neural Networks.
- ML and Deep learning framework
2- Cloud Architect
Cloud Architect is responsible to take all the requirements of a cloud-based project and turn it into architecture or design that will guide the final product.
They are also expected to bridge the gaps between business problems and cloud solutions.
What skills do you need to become a Cloud Architect?
- An understanding of operating systems like Unix or Linux, cloud security, cloud architectures
- Understanding vendors such as AWS, GSP, and Azure
3- Data Engineer
Data Engineer is responsible for connecting all the pieces of the data ecosystem of an organization.
They are responsible for acquiring, assessing, auditing, and processing data from different applications, building data pipelines, and maintaining database architectures in several companies.
Now, a strong foundation in software engineering and programming equips these data engineers to give companies the tools which will lead them to success.
What skills do you need to become a Data Engineer?
- They have to be proficient in big data processing frameworks
- A sound understanding of Operating Systems like Linux or Unix.
4- Network Security Engineer
A network Security Engineer is somebody who protects your computer networks from threats and attacks. So if this quarantine season, you want to quarantine the virus, malware, and spyware in your computer network, these professionals are some people you should be reaching out to.
Now a network security engineer typically conducts investigations in your computer network, to seek violations and policy breaches in them. They also conduct penetration testing, set up security standards for organizations, and encrypt and set up firewalls to protect sensitive data.
What skills do you need to become a Network Security Engineer?
- You need to be well versed in certain topics, including data and network security, obviously operating systems.
- You need to understand risk management methods
- Have hands-on experience in testing and encryption tools
5- Software Architect
Software Architects design, develop and implement software systems and solutions for a company.
They basically determine new tools and processes to be adopted by the developer team to produce high-performing software solutions.
Now, depending on where you work, you might have to create software systems from scratch or incorporate new technology into already existing pipelines. Apart from that, you also are expected to bridge the communication gap between your Dev team and your managers and occasionally create custom solutions for your clients.
your role basically as a Software Architect consists of converting software characteristics such as security, scalability, and manageability into a streamlined structured solution that aligns with your company's, business and technological goals
6- IT Program manager
an IT Program Manager is a strategic project management professional whose job is to oversee and coordinate all the technical aspects of a project.
Now, in essence, they basically initiate a project, track its progress, and help in troubleshooting. In case issues arise, they typically coordinate the efforts of the development team, stakeholders, and external vendors when it comes to a certain project of an organization. While also scheduling tasks and timings and ensuring that deadlines are met now, no company in this day and age can function without an IT Program Manager.
7- Market Intelligence Analyst
The consumer marketplace is ever-growing and evolving as businesses try to keep up and engage their customers.
They try to look into the market research to form informed business decisions. Now, this is where these analysts come in simply put, a Market Intelligence Analyst basically tells these businesses what products do people want in the market and how much are they willing to pay for them.
Now in a broader scope of this career, these people examine market conditions for a certain potential product or service, and for this, they need a very specific skill set including Search Engine Optimization, Pay-Per-Click Marketing, content marketing, email, and mobile marketing, conversion, optimization and web analytics.
8- Data Scientist
Data scientists allow companies to make smarter business decisions every day. It's no surprise, companies rely on data scientists and their expertise to figure out trends and patterns in the market and convey crucial business insights to their clientele, which is why data scientists perform a pivotal role in any company.
What skills do you need to become a Data Scientist?
- A strong grasp of statistical analysis
- With a command over programming languages, such as Python, R, and SQL
- You also need to know Database technologies and let's not forget a strong business acumen and data insight.
9- DevOps Engineer
The DevOps Engineer introduces the team to different tools, technologies, methodologies, and practices throughout the software development life cycle, I'm talking about coding, deploying, maintaining, and updating the app in an organization.
What skills do you need to become a DevOps Engineer?
- Proficiency in coding and scripting
- You need to know tools such as Docker, Jenkins, Git, Kubernetes, and Puppet
- knowing Operating Systems such as Unix and Linux
10- Full-Stack developer
Full-Stack Development might overwhelm anyone. After all, you have to learn way more than an average front-end or back-end developer. Also, you have to keep learning throughout your career life cycle to keep up with the growing trends in technologies.
What skills do you need to become a Full-Stack developer?
- Starting with the basics of web development, API development, and database technologies.
- You also need to have hands-on experience in different technologies in different scopes such as Vue, Angular or React as front-end frameworks, Python(Django), NodeJS or Java for backend development, and database engines such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL engines like MongoDB and CouchDB.
A few other job profiles, which we just couldn't end our list without mentioning. I'm talking about these job profiles also pay quite handsomely and have a huge demand. So, we really do hope they land a spot on our list the next year.
With that, we come to the end of this list for the Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs in the year 2021. Kindly leave us with your suggestions in the comments section below. With that, I conclude our list.