What is Waliki?
Waliki is a wiki engine and app written using Python and Django Web framework. It is a pure file-based system that store all data in flat-files. As it is written in Django, it inherits its built-in features as its Advanced ACL system, Django admin, and customizable templates.
- File based content storage.
- Inherits all Django built-in featuers
- UI based on Bootstrap and CodeMirror
- Version control and concurrent edition for your content using git
- An extensible architecture through plugins
- reStructuredText or Markdown support, configurable per page (and it's easy to add extensions)
- A very simple per slug ACL system
- A nice attachments manager (that respects the permissions over the page)
- Real-time collaborative edition via TogetherJS
- Wiki content embeddable in any Django template (as a "dummy CMS")
- Few helpers to migrate content (particularly from MoinMoin, using moin2git)
- It works with Python 2.7, 3.4 or PyPy in Django 1.8, 1.9 (and 1.10, most probably)
Waliki is released under the BSD License.