It also ignores cookies, and does not perform any IP address tracking.
To get your Whoogle ready, all you need to do is deploy it using Docker. You can also choose to deploy it manually or install it directly on Arch Linux, Heroku, and Fly.io.
Whoogle also offers a straightforward configuration using a single configuration file.
- No ads or sponsored content
- No cookies**
- Works seamlessly on mobile and desktop browsers
- No tracking/linking of your personal IP address***
- No AMP links
- One file configuration
- Configure country, language, theme, location, style, safe search, and your root URL.
- Supports light and dark theme.
- No URL tracking tags (i.e. utm=%s)
- No referrer header
- Tor and HTTP/SOCKS proxy support
- Autocomplete/search suggestions
- Works with all modern browsers: Google Chrome, FireFox (Desktop/ Mobile), and Opera.
- POST request search and suggestion queries (when possible)
- View images at full res without site redirect (currently mobile only)
- Light/Dark/System theme modes (with support for custom CSS theming)
- Randomly generated User Agent
- Easy to install/deploy
- DDG-style bang (i.e.
!<tag> <query>) searches
- Optional location-based searching (i.e. results near <city>)
- Offers "People also ask" option.
***If deployed to a remote server, or configured to send requests through a VPN, Tor, proxy, etc.
Install and run Whoogle
The easiest way to install it, is through
$ whoogle-search --help usage: whoogle-search [-h] [--port <port number>] [--host <ip address>] [--debug] [--https-only] [--userpass <username:password>] [--proxyauth <username:password>] [--proxytype <socks4|socks5|http>] [--proxyloc <location:port>] Whoogle Search console runner optional arguments: -h, --help Show this help message and exit --port <port number> Specifies a port to run on (default 5000) --host <ip address> Specifies the host address to use (default 127.0.0.1) --debug Activates debug mode for the server (default False) --https-only Enforces HTTPS redirects for all requests --userpass <username:password> Sets a username/password basic auth combo (default None) --proxyauth <username:password> Sets a username/password for a HTTP/SOCKS proxy (default None) --proxytype <socks4|socks5|http> Sets a proxy type for all connections (default None) --proxyloc <location:port> Sets a proxy location for all connections (default None)
Install and run with Docker
- With Docker Hub
docker pull benbusby/whoogle-search docker run --publish 5000:5000 --detach --name whoogle-search benbusby/whoogle-search:latest
- Build your docker
git clone https://github.com/benbusby/whoogle-search.git cd whoogle-search docker build --tag whoogle-search:1.0 . docker run --publish 5000:5000 --detach --name whoogle-search whoogle-search:1.0
- Docker Compose
git clone https://github.com/benbusby/whoogle-search.git cd whoogle-search docker-compose up
Whoogle Search Engine is an open-source project that is released under the MIT License.