WinDirStat is a disk usage statistics viewer and cleanup tool for Windows. It provides useful views such as a sorted directory list, a treemap of the directory tree, and an extension list with file type statistics.
For Linux, KDirStat is recommended, and for MacOS X, Disk Inventory X or GrandPerspective.
- The directory list, which resembles the tree view of the Windows Explorer but is sorted by file/subtree size
- The treemap, which shows the whole contents of the directory tree straight away
- The extension list, which serves as a legend and shows statistics about the file types.
- Each file is represented as a colored rectangle, with the area proportional to its size.
- Directories are represented as rectangles that contain all their files and subdirectories, with their area proportional to the size of the subtrees.
- The color of a rectangle indicates the file type, as shown in the extension list.
- The cushion shading helps to visualize the directory structure.
GNU General Public License version 2.0 (GPLv2), zlib/libpng License.