ZenTao: an open-source project management system for coders
ZenTao is an open-source project management system for software developers, teams, companies, freelancers both on-site and remotely.
It’s an application lifecycle management solution that facilitates Agile development.
ZenTao has an open-source version and it is released under ZPL, version 1.2.
ZenTao is offered in three versions, open source/community, pro, and biz.
Design philosophy of ZenTao
The main design philosophy of ZenTao Project Management Software is based on Scrum, an internationally popular Agile methodology.
Scrum is very pragmatic and easy to operate, so it fits in the fast iterative development of software projects. However, Scrum only defines the core management framework. There are still many details and processes that have to be extended and developed.
Based on the philosophy of Scrum and with the observation of the current development situations in China, ZenTao integrates bug management, test case management, release management and document management, and it completely covers the entire lifecycle of software development.
In ZenTao, the concepts of product, project and test are clearly defined. Product team, development team and QA team coordinate and check with each other while they function differently. The three teams interact with each other through stories, tasks and bugs, and eventually deliver the product with quality.
Why choose ZenTao?
- ZenTao has complete functionalities that means you don’t have to integrate extra tools or extensions.
- Open-source code and flexible extension mechanism, and is convenient to deploy and customize.
- Underlying framework and frontend UI framework are developed independently; robust and stable with an easy on-boarding interface and friendly interaction.
- Perfect community mechanism; you can get technical support and help in time.
- The open-source version is available which means you can take free trials without any cost.
- SaaS and On-premise available, we care the most of what you need.
- Product management: product, story, backlog, plan, release and roadmap;
- Project management: project, sprint, task, build and burndown chart;
- Test management: bug tracking, test case, test request and test report;
- CI: Jenkins integration, automation testing, ZTF;
- Wiki library management: product document library, project document library and customized document library;
- Effort management: to-do management, my task/ bug/ story/ project, and log effort;
- Hierarchy management: user, department, group and privileges;
- Report: various statistical reports and custom reports;
- Visualization: burndown, kanban, gantt, and more;
- Search feature: powerful search function helps you find the information you need
- Extension mechanism: extensible in almost any parts of ZenTao
- API mechanism: flexible for integration with other systems
- Notification: Email, Webhook, browser, and more.
- Installation flexibility: Docker, One-Click Installation package, source code package, etc.
ZenTao versions: Open-Source, Pro, and Biz
ZenTao is offered in three versions, Open-Source/community, Pro, and Biz.
- ZenTao open-source key features are product management, project management, test management, document management, bug tracking, CI management and to-do management.
- ZenTao Pro is based on all features of the community version and enhances features including Gantt chart, Kanban, Excel, Collabora Online etc.
- ZenTao Biz, aka ZenTao Ent, has features of the community version and pro version, and on top of that DevOps management, Office Automation, Feedback Management and file version management are added. ZenTao Desktop, powered by Xuanxuan instant messenger, enables ZenTao users to create tasks by one-click on the message in ZenTao and follow along with everything related to individual projects in the dedicated channels.
- The open-source version is totally FREE
- ZenTao Pro: $26.9/user for One-Year License, $59.9/user for Perpetual License
- ZenTao Biz: $32.9/user for One-Year License, $69.9/user for Perpetual License
Since first release in 2009, ZenTao project management system has been added with more and more features as an application lifecycle management software nowadays. It covers the complete software development process. ZenTao upgrades the package monthly and keeps boosting the features, take a trail, and you'll love it!
What is Padloc?Padloc is a dead-simple password manager app for users who want to get the job done without any distractions and clutter. Padloc is a free, open-source solution but also offers a web service that helps the user to sync and st.......Read more...
What is QtPass?QtPass is an open-source, free password manager GUI for the standard Unix password manager "pass" application. The "pass" password manager is a command-line open-source feature-rich application that follows Unix's philosophy........Read more...
What is Buttercup?Buttercup is a lightweight password manager for desktop and mobile. It comes with a strong 256bit AES encrypted vault that keeps your passwords and credentials secure and safe. Buttercup is a completely free, open-source.......Read more...
What is AuthPass?AuthPass is a multi-platform, free, and open-source password manager for all types of users. AuthPass is fully compatible with the popular open-source KeePass password manager, which many consider the father of open-source.......Read more...
What is Spectator?Spectator is a free, open-source (Libre) REST-API testing program for Linux. It is written in Vala programming language and GTK. The app allows developers to make requests to test their web endpoints, create custom environ.......Read more...