Zinc is a next generation search engine written in Go
Zinc Search engine. A lightweight alternative to Elasticsearch that requires minimal resources, written in Go.
Zinc is a search engine that does full text indexing. It is a lightweight alternative to Elasticsearch and runs using a fraction of the resources. It uses bluge as the underlying indexing library.
It is very simple and easy to operate as opposed to Elasticsearch which requires a couple dozen knobs to understand and tune which you can get up and running in 2 minutes
It is a drop-in replacement for Elasticsearch if you are just ingesting data using APIs and searching using kibana (Kibana is not supported with zinc. Zinc provides its own UI).
Check the below video for a quick demo of Zinc.
- Provides full text indexing capability
- Rich admin user-interface
- Single binary for installation and running. Binaries available under releases for multiple platforms.
- Web UI for querying data written in Vue
- Compatibility with Elasticsearch APIs for ingestion of data (single record and bulk API)
- Out of the box authentication
- Schema less - No need to define schema upfront and different documents in the same index can have different fields.
- Index storage in s3 and minio (experimental)
- aggregation support
- Search filters
- Supports bulk ingestion
- Comes with a rich API set
- Built-in query editor
- It supports complex queries
Zinc is an open-source released under the Apache License Version 2.0.
Virtual assistant technology defines as an application program that uses semantic and deep learning. It can also call an AI assistant or digital assistant. It helps users or enterprises to assist people or automate tasks. Any virtual assist.......Read more...
A Headless API-based CMS is a content management system that offers an API endpoint to view, manage, and create content, users, and settings instead of the classical web interface. Many developers like API-based approach as it is easier to.......Read more...
CMS, or Contest Management System, is a distributed system for running and (to some extent) organizing a programming contest. CMS has been designed to be general and to handle many types of contests, tasks, scoring, etc. Nonetheless, CMS ha.......Read more...
What are CalDav and CardDav?CalDav is an internet standard and protocol used to sync calendars across devices and services. It is often used to sync your calendar events between your calendar apps, webmail, devices and services. CardDav or.......Read more...