React and Next.js!
Next.js is properly the most popular web framework nowadays, it is open source, React-based framework, developer-friendly, and packed by a large community of developers all over the world.
Next.js community is continuously pushing new open source starters that use different technologies in order to boost development speed, improve performance and produce a good quality product.
There are different types of open source starters and templates that built to reduce production time and help developers generate a good quality product. We covered many of them in the following list:
In this post, we will explore the best open source free React templates and Next.js starters to build a SaaS (Software as a Service) solutions.
1- Enrolla SaaS and B2B React Starter
Endrolla is a free open-source React-based framework for building customer-centered and B2B. It uses React, TypeScript, GraphQL, and MongoDB.
Endrolla features include:
- Responsive user-friendly interface
- SSO (Single Sign-on) integration
- Customers API token manager
- Built-in back-office for sales and support teams
- Integrates with many authentication services.
SaaSgear is a free and open-source ReactJS and Node.js SaaS boilerplate for your next SaaS application. It uses MySQL as a database engine and comes with many enterprise-grade features to boost your production.
SaaSgear features include:
- ReactJS: High-performance and powerful interactive UI with React.
- GraphQL API: Fetching all the data you need with a single API call using GraphQL. Multiple GraphQL is merged in a single request.
- Subscription payments: We have integrated Stripe subscription payments to allow you to monetize your SaaS.
- Teams: Your users are able to invite their teammates to their account.
- Roles and Permissions: Your users are only able to access the data and perform the actions that are allowed within their roles and permissions.
- Authentication: User authentication with email and password, or via Google, GitHub, Facebook. Signup, login, reset password are included out of the box.
- Cross-browsers and mobile responsiveness: Every single components have been tested across many browsers and devices to make sure it works everywhere.
- HTML Emails: Send beautiful and responsive HTML emails to your customers with SendGrid and MJML.
- Easy to upgrade: Easy release is planned and tailored carefully to make sure your upgrade experience smooth and painless.
ReactAdvantage is a starter kit to make starting your next React project easier, so you can focus on the business logic instead of having to worry about the tooling and infrastructure. This project includes nice looking UI components (PrimeReact) and common pages, like login, that most web applications need. It is free and open-source as it is licensed under the MIT License.
In addition to making it easy to get started on a project with a well-thought-out architecture, one main goal was performance. For this reason, Apollo and GraphQL sit between React and ASP.NET Core 2. We are working toward building in an Identity Server for authentication and authorization and on making the framework multi-tenant capable.
4- SaaS UI
SaaS UI is a free, open-source React component library designed to help startups and developers easily build B2B SaaS projects and create rich, informative dashboards for system users. It comes in two editions:
- The Core edition, which is free and open-source, includes over 40 components, multiple screens, authentication pages, a date picker, and many other useful UI components.
- The Pro edition offers customizable dashboards for startups building SaaS/B2B apps.
5- Shopply OS Ordering Platform
Shopply is a free, open-source ordering platform designed to benefit both wholesale suppliers and the venues they serve. It provides a full-stack boilerplate that gives you maximum flexibility and speed, utilizing Next.js, Chakra UI, Express.js, and MongoDB.
Nextacular is an open-source starter kit that will help you build full-stack multi-tenant SaaS platforms efficiently and help you focus on developing your core SaaS features. Built on top of popular and modern technologies such as Next JS, Tailwind, Prisma, and Stripe. You can check the live demo at this link.
Nextacular features include Authentication, Billing & Payment, Database, Email, Custom Domains, Multi-tenancy, Workspaces, and Teams management.
7- SaaS Starter
This is a quick-start for building full-stack applications in React, Node.js, GraphQL and PostgreSQL. It includes a pre-built user account and organization system, and is powered by PostGraphile, TypeScript, Apollo Client, Graphile Worker, Graphile Migrate, GraphQL Code Generator, Ant Design and Next.js. Please note that this quick-start is not intended for beginners.
8- NextBase Starter (Lite)
NextBase is an exceptional open-source SaaS starter that leverages the robust Supabase backend. It expertly utilizes the latest Next.js 13 features, including the experimental app folder that supports nested layouts. The platform boasts a feature-rich list and a multitude of ready-to-use pages, making it an unmatched option for developers in need of a cutting-edge solution.
Here is the full list of NextBase features
- 🚀 Next.js 13 with async components
- 💻 Data fetching examples in React server and client components. Suspenseful data fetching with minimal loading screens.
- ⚛️ React query setup configured
- 🔥 React Hot Toast component
- 💻 Fully typed with Typescript. Includes automatic type generation for Supabase tables
- 🎨 Tailwind CSS
- 🧪 Unit testing and integration testing setups built-in
- 💚 Eslint, typescript, prettier, postcss configured for dev and test environments
- 📈 Automatic sitemap generation
- 🔍 SEO metadata, JSON-LD and Open Graph tags with NEXT SEO
- ✍️ Semantic release with Automatic changelog generation
- 🎨 Prettier Code formatter
- 💎 Minimal styling
- 📖 Codebase which is easy to read and modify
9- Saas Starter Kit
Saas Starter is an exceptional boilerplate for building Software-as-a-Service (SAAS) applications using ReactJS and Node.js. It provides an easy-to-use interface and supports data storage using either PostgreSQL or MongoDB. It is important to note that while the free version of Saas Starter is highly valuable, it does not include support for Stripe, AWS CDK, or Nodemailer.
Saas Starter Kit is a modern SAAS boilerplate. Save weeks of development time having standard SAAS features implemented for you, and start building your core app right away.
Saas Starter features list:
- ✅ Admin Dashboard
- ✅ Full Authentication, with Google Social Login and Password Reset
- ✅ User Profile Management with Email and Username change
- ✅ User Dashboard
- ✅ Checkout Pages
- ✅ Landing and Pricing Page template
- ✅ Decoupled Node.js server
- ✅ Testing Setup with Cypress and Jest
- ✅ CRUD operations
10- SaaS Starter Kit
This one is an open Source Next.js SaaS boilerplate for Enterprise SaaS app development. It is still in early development stage, and it is not meant for beginners. It features user authentication workflow, users management, team management, member/ customer management, webhooks, internationalization and more.
Technology used for this SaaS boilerplate:
- Tailwind CSS
- SAML Jackson (for SAML SSO, and Directory Sync)
- Svix for webhooks
- Docker for deployment
11- Next SaaS Boilerplate
This free open-source boilerplate will empower you to create your own SaaS business using SaaS boilerplate. The boilerplate leverages a highly productive, enterprise-grade stack that includes React, Material-UI, Next, MobX, Web Sockets, Express, Node, Mongoose, and MongoDB. It is written in TypeScript and has already been utilized to develop multiple world-class SaaS applications.
Next.js SaaS Boilerplate features highlight:
- Server-side rendering (SSO)
- SEO (Search engine optimized)
- Production-ready server using Express.js framework
- Mailchimp integration
- User and user group management
- File upload using AWS
- Built-in CMS (content management system)
- Team creation and management
- Stripe integration
- Websockets with Socket.io v3.
- Custom logger
- Easy configuration
NextAPI is an open-source headless RESTful API solution for building SaaS applications. It is built with Next.js and TypeScript and uses the Supabase, Prisma, and React.email libraries. It currently supports user authentication, user management, team management, member invites, subscriptions, and email notifications.
13- Next.js SaaS starter
This is a promising yet WIP (Work-in-Progress) Next.js SaaS starter for building SaaS apps. However, its documentation is not yet complete for production use.
14- Melonify:SaaS Starter for Next.js
SaaS Landing Page Starter
15- Free Next.js Template for SaaS startups
After you build your SaaS project using any of the previous starters, you will need to build a good landing page for it, well this open-source landing page starter is for that. It contains everything you need to build a great landing page / marketing website for your startup. Great SEO metrics, Green WebVitals, 🚀 Performance, Clean & Pragmatic Codebase out of the box.
- Best SEO setup - Meta Tags, JSON-LD and Open Graph Tags
- Tina CMS integration - local & (optional) production CMS
- Optimized for Web Vitals
- Blog with MDX
- Mailchimp Integration - for newsletters
- Sendgrid Integration - for sending emails
- Dark mode - and customizable themes!
- No UI library - just styled components, so you don't have to learn any new syntax
- One click deployment - with Vercel or any other serverless deployment environment.
If you know of any other open-source SaaS starter that we did not mention here, let us know.