In this post, we explore a comprehensive list of open-source, free, and self-hosted event and appointment management solutions. Whether you're an event organizer looking for a robust platform or an individual in need of a reliable tool to schedule appointments, this blog post has got you covered. We delve into each solution, highlighting their features, benefits, and ease of use.
If you're seeking a cost-effective way to manage events and appointments while maintaining full control over your data, this blog post is a must-read. Join us as we unveil the top 17 open-source solutions that empower you to streamline your event management processes and enhance your scheduling efficiency.
Stay tuned for more valuable content on our blog!
Chapter is a self-hosted event management system that can be deployed to the cloud with a one-click and configured by the owner. It allows organizations to host an instance under their own sub-domain and ensures that all user data remains under their control.
- Node.js / Apollo server - extendable graphql server
- type-graphql - code first graphql schema definition library
- Postgres with Prisma - for fully type-safe queries
- Next.js - for both client and server-side rendering of the frontend (NextJS is based on React)
- Jest - for writing unit tests.
- Cypress - to check if specific actions are possible to perform in certain scenarios.
2- OSEM: Open Source Event Manager
Osem is an event management tool specifically designed for Free and Open Source Software conferences. It provides a range of features and functionalities to help organizers plan and manage their events effectively.
- Paper Submission: OSEM helps you to call for papers in your community. Receive, classify, evaluate, and schedule submissions for your event.
- Marketing: OSEM assists you in communicating the value of your event. Create a splash page and agenda. Let visitors register & buy tickets for your event.
- Analytics: OSEM supports you with staying on top of your event. Inform yourself about the evolution of the program and audience of your event.
- Splash Pages: A marketing website for your event.
- Schedules: Give visitors an overview of your sessions.
- Sessions: Full detail presentation of your sessions.
- Registration: Track your visitors.
- Administration: Stay on top of your event.
- Easy to install using Docker
- MIT License
3- WordPress Events Made easy
Events Made Easy is a comprehensive event and membership management solution for WordPress. It supports various types of events, membership management, RSVP with optional approval, multiple payment gateways, and OpenStreetMap integration.
Users can plan and publish events, allow bookings for meetings, and easily add event lists, calendars, and descriptions to their blogs using widgets or shortcodes.
- Public, private, draft, and recurring events
- Custom and dynamic fields in the RSVP form
- Membership management with custom and dynamic fields
- People and groups with custom fields per person
- PDF creation for membership, bookings, and people info
- Automatic sending of membership cards or booking tickets as PDF via mail
- RSS and iCal feeds
- Calendar management with holidays integration
- Widgets for event listings and calendar
- Location management with optional OpenStreetMap integration
- RSVP bookings with custom fields and dynamic fields, payment tracking, optional approval, and discounts
- Templating for mails, event lists, single events, feeds, and RSVP forms
- Multiple payment gateways supported
- Automated mail sending to registered people and reminders for payments
- Mail queueing and newsletter functionality
- Multi-site compatible
- Fully localizable and already fully localized in German, Swedish, French, and Dutch
4- Easy Appointment
Easy!Appointments is an open-source appointment scheduling software that provides a range of features to help businesses manage their appointments effectively.
- Online Appointment Booking: Easy!Appointments allows clients to book appointments online, which saves time and provides convenience for both the business and the clients.
- Multi-User and Multi-Location Support: The software supports multiple users and locations, making it suitable for businesses with multiple staff members or branches.
- Calendar Management: Easy!Appointments provides a calendar view where businesses can easily manage and view their appointments. It supports different calendar views, such as daily, weekly, and monthly.
- Email Notifications: The software can send email notifications to both the business and the clients to remind them of upcoming appointments, reducing the chances of no-shows.
- Customizable Booking Form: Easy!Appointments allows businesses to customize the booking form according to their needs, collecting necessary information from clients during the booking process.
- Integration with Google Calendar: The software can be integrated with Google Calendar, allowing businesses to sync their appointments and availability with their Google Calendar account.
Timegrid is a robust, open-source, and highly efficient online appointment platform built on the powerful Laravel PHP Framework.
- Built with Laravel 5.3 framework for PHP
- Classic and oAuth2 Sign-in/Sign-up with Socialite
- Business management
- Clients Addressbook
- Calendar sharing through iCalendar link
- Scheduling view with fullcalendar
- Self-service reservation with datepicker
- Basic email notifications
- i18n Support
- Multiple Timezones Support
- Live chat with TidioChat
- Admin GUI with AdminLTE Twitter Bootstrap 3 based theme.
Timegrid is open-sourced software licensed under the AGPL.
Appointment scheduling widget to embed the booking calendar on your website for 1:1, round-robin and group bookings with Google meet, Zoom and MS Teams integrations.
7- Django Appointment 📦
Django-Appointment is an exceptionally well-engineered Django app designed to effortlessly and flexibly manage appointment scheduling. It empowers users to effortlessly define custom configurations for time slots, lead time, and finish time, or leverage the provided default values.
This app expertly handles conflicts and availability for appointments, guaranteeing a flawless user experience.
- Customizable time slots, lead time, and finish time
- Competent handling of appointment conflicts and availability
- Seamless integration with the Django admin interface for appointment management
- Custom admin interface for managing appointment/staff member editing, creation, availability, and conflicts
- User-friendly interface for viewing available time slots and scheduling appointments
- Capability to send email notifications to clients upon scheduling an appointment and email reminders for appointments, leveraging Django Q for task scheduling and efficiency
8- Django Booking
Django Booking is a Complete Django booking system.
9- Appointment scheduler
This is a free and open-source Spring Boot Web Application to manage and schedule appointments between providers and customers. It has many features such as automatic invoicing, email notifications, appointments cancelation, providers individual working plans with brakes etc.
- New Appointment: Customers can easily book a new appointment by selecting the desired work from the available works list, choosing a provider, and selecting an available date.
- Available Hours Calculation: The system calculates the available hours using the
getAvailableHoursfunction from the AppointmentService, taking into account the selected provider's working plan, working hours for the selected day, breaks, and existing booked appointments for both providers and customers.
- Appointments Lifecycle: Each appointment has its own status, including scheduled, finished, confirmed, invoiced, canceled, rejection requested, and rejection accepted. The status changes based on specific conditions and timeframes.
- Appointment Rejection: If an appointment didn't take place, the system automatically sends an email to the customer with a rejection link. If the customer clicks the link, a rejection request is sent to the provider. If the provider accepts the rejection, the appointment status changes to rejection accepted.
- Appointment Cancellation: Customers can cancel their appointments if the appointment status is scheduled and the current date is at least 24 hours before the appointment start time. Providers can cancel appointments without any limit as long as the appointment status is scheduled.
- Notifications: Email notifications are sent for various events, including appointment finishing, rejection request, rejection acceptance, new appointment creation, appointment cancellation, and invoice issuance.
10- Edoc: free and Open Source Doctor Appointment Booking System
Edoc is a web project for e-channeling, allowing clients to make online appointment requests for medical establishments. It helps doctors manage their appointments and allows patients to browse doctors, review schedules, and submit appointment requests.
The system has three key roles: administrator, doctor, and patient.
- Add doctors
- Edit doctors
- Delete doctors
- Schedule new doctors' sessions
- Remove sessions
- View patients' details
- View booking of patients
- View their appointments
- View their scheduled sessions
- View details of patients
- Delete account
- Edit account settings
- Patients (Clients):
- Make appointments online
- Create accounts themselves
- View their old bookings
- Delete account
- Edit account settings
11- WP Event Manager (WordPress)
WP Event Manager is a lightweight and scalable plugin that allows you to create and manage events on your WordPress website.
It offers a range of features, including customizable event listings, compatibility with various WordPress themes, and premium add-ons for enhanced functionality.
Users can easily search and filter events, submit event listings, and subscribe to similar events. WP Event Manager provides a user-focused experience and is a comprehensive event management solution for both live and virtual events.
12- Event Manager
Eventify is a free event management web application built in Rails 4 from scratch. It supports three roles: Event Organiser, Venue Owner, and Normal Users.
- Uses JSON Web Token (JWT) for authentication
- Token is generated when user signs up
- Token gets verified each time user interacts with the application
- Admin User is created with administrative privileges to create centers by a Super-Admin
- Users can register/signup
- Users can log in
- Users can add events
- Users can modify events they added
- Users can delete events they added
- Admin Users
- Admins can edit centers they added
- Admins can add new centers
- Admins can delete centers they added
- Admin can cancel an event and a mail notification is sent about the cancellation
- Super-Admins can do all of the above and upgrade a user to an admin
15- Event Appointments Service
The Event Appointments Service consists of a Web Server, Ticket CLI, and Shared Module.
The Web Server manages the main interface and API endpoints for managing appointments and generating QR invitations. The Ticket CLI is a command-line utility for managing appointments, including creation, deletion, and sending out email invitations.
- User Authentication: A command specifically dedicated to handle user authentication.
- Appointment Management: Execute a range of appointment-related tasks directly from your terminal, including:
- Create new appointments
- Delete existing appointments
- Generate QR codes for specific appointments
- Send email invitations containing QR codes
- Web server: A service that manages appointments and invitations. It provides a set of endpoints to manage appointments, generate QR invitations, and validate them.
Actifisys is a software system that lets users create and join activities. Users can set themselves interested in an activity or join them. Activities whose activity date is in the future are listed in a feed. Users can comment on activities, send private messages, manage their favorites and receive notifications.
- Create and join activities
- Add comments to activities
- Reply to comments
- Filter activities
- Activity tags
- Actual and potential participation
- Activity management
- Activity categories
- User profiles
- Profile management
- Account verification
- Favorites system
- Notification system
- Messaging system
- Forum system
- Marketplace system
- Gallery system
- E-Mail system
Event-Manager is a web application that assists event organizers in managing their events and helps users find suitable events. It offers functionalities such as user registration and login, event creation and management, and event liking and details viewing for other users.