Berty is an open, secure, offline-first, peer-to-peer messaging app that offers encrypted and offline communication without a central server. It provides end-to-end encryption, ensuring that even developers, corporations, or governments cannot access user data.
Berty's distributed network and P2P direct messaging prevent interception by ISPs, hackers, or governments. User anonymity is prioritized, as no personal information is required.
- To access the most up-to-date version of the application, you can easily install it from either Google Play or the Apple App Store.
- One of the noteworthy features of this application is that all messages are automatically encrypted from end to end, ensuring maximum security and privacy.
- The application is designed in such a way that it only collects the essential metadata, ensuring that your personal information remains protected.
- Unlike many other platforms, this application does not require you to provide your phone number or email address in order to create an account, giving you an added level of anonymity.
- This application has been built to maintain its integrity and functionality even when used on networks that may be compromised or hostile.
- With its decentralized, distributed, peer-to-peer, and serverless architecture, this application offers a unique and advanced approach to communication.
- Another remarkable feature of this application is that it can function without an internet connection, thanks to its use of BLE technology and mDNS.
Under the hood
The Wesh Protocol comes with a generic, but full-featured SDK allowing developers to write peer-to-peer applications. You can just focus on high-level features for your app, we will take care of the rest (encryption, identities, network routing, group management, account management, device management, application lifecycle).
© 2018-2023 Berty Technologies Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (LICENSE-APACHE) or the MIT license (LICENSE-MIT), at your discretion. See the COPYRIGHT file for more details.