BeeBEEP is an exceptional office messenger that effortlessly enables instant messaging within a local area network (LAN) without the requirement of a server, prioritizing utmost privacy and security for its esteemed users.
- Serverless: BeeBEEP operates without the need for a server, simplifying setup and use within an office environment. This feature enhances privacy and security by keeping all communications within the local network.
- Cross-Platform Compatibility: It supports multiple operating systems, including Windows, MacOSX, Linux, Raspberry Pi (Raspbian), OS/2, and eComStation, making it versatile for different workplace setups.
- Secure Communication: Implements encryption based on the Rijndael Algorithm (AES), ensuring that all messages and file transfers are secure.
- Instant Messaging: Users can chat with all people connected to the network, either in groups or with individual users, facilitating efficient communication within the office.
- File Sharing: It allows for the sharing of files within the network, making it easier to distribute documents and other important information without relying on external services.
- Ease of Use: The application is designed to be straightforward to install and use. You simply download, unzip, and start using the application without complicated setup procedures.
- Free and Open Source: BeeBEEP is free to use and is open-source, allowing for transparency and the potential for customization by its user community.
- Secure peer to peer chat
- File and Folder Transfer (with resume feature)
- Message history (all messages can be saved)
- Offline messages
- BeeBOX (a shared folder as DropBox but in your computer)
- BeeSHARE (share your file and folders like p2p software)
- Desktop sharing
- Voice messages
- Limited to Local Network: BeeBEEP only works within a Local Area Network (LAN), requiring VPN access or similar configurations for remote workers or team members outside the office network.
- Lacks External Integration: BeeBEEP may not integrate with external tools and services like project management software, calendars, and cloud storage services, limiting its functionality for teams reliant on these integrations.
- No Mobile Support: BeeBEEP currently lacks a mobile version, restricting communication with team members on the go who rely on smartphones.
- User Interface and Experience: The interface of BeeBEEP may be less modern or intuitive compared to other messaging apps, requiring a period of adjustment for some users.
- Support and Development: As an open-source project, updates, new features, and support for BeeBEEP may vary, with response times and availability of help being variable.
- Scalability: Managing BeeBEEP without a central server can be cumbersome for very large organizations with a high number of users, requiring manual software updates for everyone.
- Raspberry Pi
GNU General Public License version 3.0 (GPLv3)