What is Cascade?
Cascade is a unique open-source non-destructive node-based image editor that uses GPU acceleration.
What is a Non-destructive photo editor program?
Non-destructive editor means that adjustment and edits you perform on the image do not affect the original image file.
As an example, Adobe Lightroom is a non-destructive image editor, however, it is not open-source. But, is Cascade the right Adobe Lightroom open-source alternative? Well, It is early as Cascade is in Alpha stage, but only time will tell.
- Comes with a simple and easy-to-use interface that does not require any learning curve
- Node-based editing workflow that helps to track editing steps
- Full GPU image processing
- Supports all popular image formats
- Handy shortcuts to improve the productivity and speed
- Written in C++ for higher performance
- Performs smoothly on Windows 10 and NVIDIA GPUs.
- Runs on Windows, and macOS
- Supports multithreaded image saving.
- Uses Qt for GUI.
- Windows (AppImage)
Cascade is released under GPL-3.0 License.