City Simulation of city-building games are built to simulate city structure, and growth. While there is no shortage of commercial and enterprise games and apps, there is a lack of open-source ones.
Here, is a new city simulation game: Citybound which comes with fancy graphics and works smoothly on old machines as well.
Citybound focuses on micro-economy simulation as every single household, or business is individually simulated, which gives better control over the city economic growth and growth pattern.
The project is the brain child and work of Anselm Eickhoff (Twitter), Who has an amazing project for real-time flood simulations and several unique projects.
Note that the Citybound is still a work-in-progress, so expected more features in the near future.
- Runs smoothly on all modern web browsers: Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, and Microsoft Edge
- Fancy yet simple graphics
- Works in responsive mode
- Supports touch simulation
- Actor based simulation
- Comes with a developer-friendly reactive 2D+3D UI framework
- ROBUST HIGH-PERFORMANCE GEOMETRY KERNEL
- INCREMENTAL COMPUTATION FRAMEWORK
Citybound is released under the AGPL-3.0 License.