FileZilla is an open source FTP client, that works for Windows, macOS, & Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, LinuxMint, Fedora,...). It is our top pick in this recommendation list, as we have used it over the years while we are shifting from a platform or a distro to another.
FileZilla is fairly easy to use, as it also comes with powerful features, to meet the demands of experienced and inexperienced users, normal users or advanced users with ninja coding skills.
FileZilla supports FTP, SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol), Stroj (Decentralized Cloud Storage). It also supports connection over proxy and Active/ Passive transfer modes.
- Easy to use
- Supports FTP, FTP over SSL/TLS (FTPS) and SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
- Cross-platform. Runs on Windows, Linux, *BSD, macOS and more
- IPv6 support
- Available in many languages
- Supports resume and transfer of large files >4GB
- Tabbed user interface
- Powerful Site Manager and transfer queue
- Drag & drop support
- Configurable transfer speed limits
- Filename filters
- Directory comparison
- Network configuration wizard
- Remote file editing
- HTTP/1.1, SOCKS5 and FTP-Proxy support
- Logging to file
- Synchronized directory browsing
- Remote file search
macOS Windows and Linux
GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2
ftp,sftp,ftps,files,ssl,file transfer,file upload,uploading, download,downloading,file sync, web development,development,developers,web,internet