Gazebo: Robotic simulation made easy
What is Gazebo?
Gazebo is a free open-source robot simulation toolkit which designed to help engineers test algorithms, design their robot virtually, train AI systems with realistic scenarios and more.
The system features dozens of features and functions, it is also packed by dozens of robotic engineers world-wide.
Gazebo is getting frequent updates and bug fixes from its active developers' community, which makes it reliable for real-world usage.
Gazebo is being refactored into the new Ignition Gazebo simulator. Check out Ignition Robotics to learn all about it.
The project was started in the fall of 2002 at the University of Southern California. It has progressed into a world-class open-source project.
- Dynamic robotics simulation
- Advanced high-quality 3D graphics simulation
- Rich sensors simulation kit
- Noise simulation
- Module system with dozens of plugins
- Rich-set of robot models
- TCP/IP transport support
- Cloud simulation
- Rich command-line tools
- Developer and user-friendly documentation
- Developer-friendly API
- User-friendly GUI
- Hotkeys and mouse interaction sets
- Packed by community of engineers and developers