There is no shortage of open-source free photo editors, as most of them are aiming to provide an alternative to the commercial counterparts.
However, Gimel Studio is different, as it node-based non-destructive editor that use GPU and CPU processing.
Although, Gimel Studio is still in pre-alpha stage, it is gaining momentum of new users every day.
- Open-source: released under Apache 2.0 license
- non-destructive workflow
- Node-based editor
- It supports dozens of popular photo editor formats
- Vector graphics
- GPU and CPU processing
- Supports 16-bit out of the box
- 32-bit Support and Color Management
- Python Nodes API
- Package used
- Developers can create custom nodes using Python
- Interactive Viewport Gizmos
Gimel Studio is released under Apache 2.0 License.