You really need to install a secure VPN on your Android mobile to protect you from malicious attacks that steal sensitive information when you are using public Wi-Fi to allow you to stream spectacular content from around the world, to give you access to Google, Twitter and other censored sites, if your internet is restricted. Finally, to let you access your company's files so that you can respond to work emails when you are on the go.
There are many bad or fake Android VPN apps available on Google Play. Lots of these are very dangerous. Poor quality VPNs for Android often use weak encryption. They leave your device highly vulnerable to malicious attacks, sell your data for a profit or give it to oppressive governments.
In this article, we are going to list some open-source Android VPN app that you can trust an ideal for mobile devices on Google Play.
Check out the full list of our best open-source VPNs for Android.
Aloha best private browser for android and you can download it for iOS too. It is completely free for both android and iOS, free built-in AdBlock, secure privacy, and has a full privacy setting.
Aloha features :
1- Free unlimited VPN
2- Fast secure VPN
3- Privacy and tracking protection
4- Private tabs
5- VR player
6- Downloads manager
It is a part of the browser already so just download and install the Opera browser, and you are done.
Opera browser features:
- Block advertisements and faster browsing
- Free, integrated, and unlimited VPN
- Integrated QR, and barcode scanner
- Private browsing
- Easily manage downloads
- Browser startup options
- Sync your Opera devices
- Read comfortably on any screen
3. Secure VPN
It is a fast app that provides a free VPN proxy service. It encrypts your connection so that third parties cannot track your internet activity.
Secure VPN features:
- A large number of servers, high-speed bandwidth
- Works with Wi-Fi, LTE / 4G, 3G, and all mobile data carriers
- A strict no-logging policy
- Choose a smart server
- Well-designed UI, a few advertisements
- No registration or configuration required
- No usage and time limits
- No additional permissions required
TunnelBear is based in Toronto Canada it has been around since about 2011. It is somewhat unique in that it offers both a free and paid service now the free version works on multiple devices, but it limits you to about 500 megabytes per month of bandwidth so a bit limiting, but again it is free and can be a great way to check out their service.
- Allows you to access your favorite websites from anywhere in the world
- Maintains the secrecy of your site from trackers of websites and the Internet
- Watch the bear “digging tunnels” to transfer your data confidentially from one country to another
- You can use public Wi-Fi safely
- Kindly support customers
- Very easy and simple VPN app for your Android phone or tablet
5- AVG Browser
It is pretty much one that kind of protects from stuff that you get on. It already has private browsing mode, and Ad-Block.
It is a virtual private network, so it is implied that they will keep you safe and secure. It has the performance it is fast speed.
AVG Browser features:
- Has built-in VPN
- Encrypt everything - your browsing data, tabs, history, bookmarks, downloaded files
- Customizable modes for your browsing needs
- Nuke site data with one tap
- Automatically blocks ads and trackers that slow you down
- Private video downloader
- Encrypted media vault and private media players
- Unlock with your unique PIN or fingerprint
- Secure DNS options
- QR reader
Cake Browser for Android, a browser app that populates several tabs related to a single search term for quick swiping to find the perfect result in a carousel presentation. It has free, fast, private VPN, AdBlock.
Cake Web Browser features :
- Free, Unlimited VPN
- Swip throw search results
- Privacy protection
- Advertise and tracker blocking
- Find more with group search
- Save money with rakuten cash back
- Anonymous Browsing
7. Aloha lite
Aloha light It is a lightweight version with limited functionality made specifically for Android Go phones.
It has fast browsing without compromises. The browser is designed for entry-level and Android Go devices and will work as fast as possible with less battery drain.
Aloha lite features:
- Fast like lightning
- No annoying ads
- VPN Unlimited Free
- Encrypted connection
- App lock or private tab
dVPN makes another excellent choice for users who do not want to compromise on their security and performance while also not having to pay for software.
- Your browsing history and information is not being stored
- Open-source provable VPN
ProtonVPN has been developed by a team of scientists from MIT and CERN. ProtonVPN available on all Windows, macOS, and Linux-based systems, but you’ll also find its mobile apps on both Google Play Store and Apple App Store. Users will be able to browse the Internet without leaving a trace, increase their online privacy, and keep their online data to themselves only.
- Has paid versions, most individual users will be better off with its free one.
- P2P SUPPORT
- 10GBIT SERVERS
- Has paid version
WireGuard is a free and open-source software that uses top-notch cryptography to protect the privacy of users. Only simpler, faster, and more useful. WireGuard a good fit for individual users, but this VPN can also be used on supercomputers and embedded interfaces.
Unlike OpenVPN, this application is entirely free to use for individuals and companies alike. And what makes it even better is its cross-platform nature since it can run on Windows, Linux, and macOS, iOS, and Android.
From our list, the best open-source VPN apps come to an end. We decided only to include the VPNs that do not compromise on the security of users and support all android devices out there. We hope that you were able to find your VPN application that satisfies all your privacy needs.