What is MedicLog?
MedicLog is a free, lightweight (65k) personal health logger for Android system, that helps patients record their basic health records, and vital signs and share them quickly with their doctors.
MedicLog does not require any special permission to access or run, also it does not contain any tracker or any data collection scripts that invade user privacy of any sort.
The app is beneficial for patient who wants to follow up with their doctors.
Although, it does not include a detailed records or extra-fields for diabetes and specific diseases, it is extremely useful for general cases.
The app is developed by John Lines a developer from the UK.
What does MedicLog record?
MedicLog helps patients or patient families to record:
- Blood pressure
- Body temperature
After saving new records, the user can send them directly as a full report to their doctors through email with a custom subject, and the report's date.
- Works on almost 98% of the current Android devices (4.0+).
- Extremely lightweight
- Simple easy-to-use interface as it aims for daily internet users
- Save, or send the report directly
- Delete your records
- Custom report subject
- An option to send the time in UTC format
The data is stored in a CSV (Comma Separated Value) file format which doctors can access with any spreadsheet application like Microsoft Excel, LibreOffice (Calc), and Google Sheets.
This is followed by the following fields on each line
- The record type - at present this is always 1
- The date and time, in ISO format, which will be in UTC at present, or local time depending on the 'Time in UTC' preferences item. e.g. 2018-01-05 17:09
- Systolic Blood pressure, an integer
- Diastolic Blood pressure, an integer
- Heart rate in beats per second
- Temperature, in Celsius, to one decimal place, e.g. 36.3
- Weight, in Kilograms, to one decimal place, e.g. 75.2
- A comment, optional, but can be used where a note might be relevant.
The file does not contain the sender's name or any other private information.
The application is primary built for Android devices, It does not have ports for other platforms.
Install and download MedicLog
Anyone can download MedicLog from the Google Play application store or F-Droid store.
The application and source code is licensed under GPL-3.0 License.