Miele-LXIV is a Mac OSX native DICOM workstation and viewer, It's completely free/ libre software as it released under GPL3.0 license. Miele-LXIV is developed and maintained by group of developers who is providing regular upgrade for it.
Miele-LXIV is available for install from the iTunes app store (macApp) which makes it easy to follow its releases and upgrade to the latest release with one click.
Miele-LXIV supports Mac OSX 10.9 (OS X Mavericks) and later, which means it works smoothly at OS X Yosemite, OS X El Capitan, macOS Sierra, macOS High Sierra, and macOS Mojave.
Miele-LXIV DICOM Viewer features
2D DICOM Viewer
- Intuitive GUI
- Customizable Toolbars
- Bicubic Interpolation with full 32-bit pixel pipeline
- Thick Slab for multi-slice CT and MRI (Mean, MIP, Volume Rendering)
- ROIs: Polygons, Circles, Pencil, Rectangles, Point, ... with undo/redo support
- Key Images
- Multi-Buttons and Scroll-wheel mouses supported, including Magic Trackpad support.
- Custom CLUT (Color Look-Up Tables)
- Custom 3x3 and 5x5 Convolution Filters (Bone filters, ...)
- 4D Viewer for Cardiac-CT and other temporal series
- Image Fusion for PET-CT & SPECT-CT exams with adjustable blending percentage
- Image subtraction for XA
- Hanging Protocols
- Tiles export
- 2D Image Registration & Reslicing
- Plugins support for external functions
3D DICOM Post-Processing Viewer
- MPR (Multiplanar Reconstruction) with Thick Slab (Mean, MIP, Volume Rendering)
- 3D Curved-MPR with Thick Slab
- 3D MIP (Maximum Intensity Projection)
- 3D Volume Rendering
- 3D Surface Rendering
- 3D ROIs
- 3D Image Registration
- Stereo Vision with Red/Blue glasses
- Export any 3D images to Quicktime, TIFF, JPEG
- All 3D viewers support 'Image Fusion' for PET-CT exams and '4D mode' for Cardiac-CT.
Miele-LXIV DICOM file I/O features
- Read and display all DICOM Files (mono-frame, multi-frames)
- Read and display the new MRI/CT multi-frame format (5200 group)
- JPEG Lossy, JPEG Lossless, JPEG-LS, JPEG 2000, RLE Monochrome1, Monochrome2, RGB, YBR, Planar, Palettes, ...
- Support custom (non-square) Pixel Aspect Ratio 8, 12, 16, 32 bits
- Write 'SC' (Secondary Capture) DICOM Files from any 2D/3D reconstructions
- Read and display all DICOM Meta-Data
- Read AND Write DICOM CD/DVD (DICOMDIR support)
- Export DICOM Files to TIFF, JPEG, Quicktime, RAW, DICOM, PACS CD/DVD Creation with DICOMDIR support, including cross-platform viewer (Weasis)
- Built-in SQL compatible database with an unlimited number of files
Miele-LXIV networking features
- Send studies (C-STORE SCU, DICOM Send)
- Receive studies (C-STORE SCP, DICOM Listener)
- Query and Retrieve studies from/to a PACS workstation (C-FIND SCU, C-MOVE SCU, WADO)
- Use Miele-LXIV as a DICOM PACS server (C-FIND SCP, C-MOVE SCP, WADO)
- On-the-fly conversion between all DICOM transfer syntaxes C-GET SCU/SCP and WADO support for dynamic IP transfers.
Miele-LXIV DICOM Printing features
- Seamless integration with OsiriX HD for iPhone/iPad
- Seamless integration with any PACS server, including the open-source dcm4chee server
- Non-DICOM Files Support
- LSM files from Zeiss (8, 16, 32 bits) (Confocal Microscopy)
- BioRadPIC files (8, 16, 32 bits) (Confocal Microscopy)
- TIFF (8, 12, 16, 32 bits), multi-page
- ANALYZE (8, 12, 16, 32 bits)
- PNG, JPEG, PDF (multi-pages), Quicktime, AVI, MPEG, MPEG4
Miele-LXIV Optimization features
- Multi-threaded for multi-processors and multi-core processors support
- Asynchronous reading
- OpenGL for 2D Viewer and all 3D Viewers
- Graphics board accelerated, with 3D texture mapping support
Miele-LXIV's developers provide a build instruction note for building Miele-LXIV from source, However, It comes with complete dynamic plugins architecture support that helps developers to build their own plugins/ extensions to extend its functionalities. Some other developer options are packed for creating/ managing windows, access to Cocoa framework and OpenGL views access support.
Miele-LXIV has a plugin generator that allow developers to build their plugins quickly using Xcode.
- Miele-LXIV iTunes
- Miele-LXIV page
- Miele-LXIV build instructions
- 10+ Free Open source DICOM viewers for Mac OSX