openScale is a lightweight app built to help users track weight and body metrics with computability with many Bluetooth scales.
The openScale app and project is released as an open-source app for Android devices as it can be downloaded from Google Play and F-droid stores.
The app does not contain any ads, neither it has any third-party tracker scripts that track your activities or share your metrics. It is a safe app to use for users who value their privacy.
- BMI (body mass index)
- Body water
- LBM (lean body mass)
- Body fat
- Bone mass
- Waist circumference
- Waist-to-height ratio
- Hip circumference
- Waist-hip ratio.
- Visceral fat.
- Chest circumference.
- Thigh circumference.
- Biceps circumference.
- Neck circumference.
- Body fat caliper.
- BMR (basal metabolic rate).
- TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure).
- Resizable widget to show the latest measurement on the home screen
- Configure your weight unit: kg, lb or st
- Set a goal to help keep your diet
- Displays all your data on a chart and in a table to track your progress
- Evaluates measurements and gives a quick visual feedback to show you if you're within or outside the recommended range given your age, sex, height etc.
- Import or export your data from/into a CSV (comma separated value) file
- Supports body fat, body water and lean body mass estimations based on scientific publications. Useful if your scale doesn't support those measurements.
- Support for multiple users
- Support for assisted weighing (e.g. for babies or pets)
- Support for people with amputations
- Partially or fully translated into more than 27 languages, see weblate project site for the full list
- Optional dark theme selectable
This app has no ads and requests no unnecessary permissions. The location permission is only needed to find a Bluetooth scale. Once found the permission can be revoked (or never granted if Bluetooth isn't used).
openScale doesn't send any data to a cloud and not having permission to access the internet is a strong guarantee of that.
Supported Bluetooth Scales
openScale has built-in support for a number of Bluetooth (BLE or "smart") scales from many manufacturers, e.g. Beurer, Sanitas, Yunmai, Xiaomi, etc. (see model list below). Together with our users we constantly improve and extend the set of supported scales and in many cases pick up where the original app falls short.
- Custom made Bluetooth scale
- Beurer BF700, BF710, BF800, BF105, BF720, BF600, BF850 and BF950
- Digoo DG-S038H
- Excelvan CF369BLE
- Exingtech Y1
- Hesley (Yunchen)
- Medisana BS444, BS440
- Runtastic Libra
- Sanitas SBF70
- Silvercrest SBF75, SBF77
- Xiaomi Mi scale v1 and v2
- Yunmai Mini and SE
- iHealth HS3
- Easy Home 64050
- and many more
Download openScale for your phone
The project is a true free Libre open source software (FLOSS) that is released under the GPL-v3.0 license.
Also: Copyright (C) 2014 olie.xdev [email protected]