The dicom or formerly "go-dicom" is a library and command-line tool to read, write, and generally work with DICOM medical image files in native Go.
The goal is to build a full-featured, high-performance, and readable DICOM parser for the Go community.
- Parse multi-frame DICOM imagery (both encapsulated and native pixel data)
- Channel-based streaming of
Frames to a client as they are parsed out of the dicom
- Cleaner Go Element and Dataset representations (in the absense of Go generics)
- Better support for icon image sets in addition to primary image sets
- Write and encode Datasets back to DICOM files
- Enhanced testing and benchmarking support
- Modern, canonical Go.
The project is released as an open-source project under the MIT License.