PDF4QT is a robust and feature-packed open source PDF editor that is based on the Qt framework. It comes complete with a C++ library, command line tool, and applications for viewing and editing PDF documents. This modern solution is available for both Windows and Linux users, and is perfect for developers and regular users alike.
Developers will be pleased to find that PDF4QT offers a C++ library and a command line tool that can be used in scripts. Meanwhile, users will find four applications that offer a wide range of features. These applications are designed to allow users to view, edit, manipulate, and compare PDF documents with ease. You can preview these applications in the screenshots section of the webpage.
- multithreading support
- hardware accelerated rendering
- color management
- optional content handling
- text layout analysis
- signature validation
- form filling
- text to speech capability
- file attachments
- Optimization (compressing documents)
- command line tool
- audiobook conversion
- internal structure inspector
- compare documents
- static XFA support (readonly, simple XFA only)
- electronically/digitally sign documents
- public key security encryption
You can download Windows binaries from here. Also, you can build the app from the source.
- (c) Jakub Melka 2018-2022