What is PhotoDemon?
PhotoDemon is a free portable photo editor focused on pro-grade features, high performance, and maximum usability. It is a lightweight software that does have a large size like other photo editing apps or require a lot of hardware resources.
PhotoDemon provides a comprehensive photo editor in a 13 MB download. It runs on any Windows PC (XP through Win 11) and it does not require installation. You can run it from a USB stick, SD card, or portable drive.
It supports batch processing, and comes with a familiar interface for users who use GIMP and Adobe Photoshop.
- Adobe Photoshop
- Corel AfterShot Pro
- Photo Pos Pro
Pro-grade features and tools
- Extensive file format support, including Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Corel PaintShop Pro (PSP), and all major camera RAW formats
- Portable software: It can work without an installation from any portable media
- Dozens of filters and effective
- Super rich photo editing tools set
- It supports images and layers
- Color-managed workflow, including full support for embedded ICC profiles
- Advanced multi-layer support, including editable text layers and non-destructive layer modifications
- On-canvas tools: digital paintbrushes, clone and pattern brushes, interactive gradients, and more
- Adjustment tools: levels, curves, HDR, shadow/highlight recovery, white balance, and many more
- Filters and effects: perspective correction, edge detection, noise removal, content-aware blur, unsharp masking, green screen, lens diffraction, vignetting, and many more
- More than 200 tools are provided in the current build.
PhoptoDemon works on Windows from Windows XP till the most recent release of Windows Windows 11.
PhotoDemon is BSD-licensed. This allows you to use its source code in any application, commercial or otherwise, if you supply proper attribution. Proper attribution includes a notice of copyright and disclaimer of warranty.
PhotoDemon uses some 3rd-party open-source libraries. These libraries are found in the /App/PhotoDemon/Plugins folder. These libraries have their own licenses, separate from PhotoDemon.
Full licensing details are available in LICENSE.md.