Plash enables you to have a highly dynamic desktop wallpaper. You could display your favorite news site, Facebook feed, or a random beautiful scenery photo. The use-cases are limitless. You could even set an animated GIF as wallpaper. You can even add multiple websites and easily switch between them.
- Show a remote or local website
- Interact with the website (“Browsing Mode”)
- Automatically reload the website at a custom interval
- Add multiple websites
- Show the website on a different display
- Invert website colors (fake dark mode)
- Lower the opacity
- Transparent background
- Automatically deactivate while on battery
- Audio is muted
- A single image will be aspect-filled to your screen
- Hide menu bar icon
- Shortcuts support
- Share extension
- Developer friendly
You can download Plash directly from Apple macOS application store. It requires macOS 11 or later.
The project is released and distributed under the MIT License.