It is the brain-child of Simon Støvring, who pioneered similar innovative apps for iOS.
Scriptable fully integrates with iOS Native APIs, allows you to run Siri shortcuts on-fly, plays well with Files.app and offers a direct communication with other apps using x-callback-url.
Seamlessly Create iOS widgets
Scriptable helps you to create a custom iOS widget. It takes only one file with simple functions to create an informative widget about almost anything.
It comes with a set of several examples, which an easy-to-read code and a rich in-app documentation.
Code from within your iPad or iPhone
You can easily code or modify an existing code from within the system, with the help of a rich documentation that comes ready for iPad/ iPhone screens, with indexed navigation and full-text search.
Here are some free scripts you may use:
- Countdown: Simple countdown to dates.
- daysUntilBirthday: List of upcoming birthdays from contacts.
- scriptable-calendar-widget - Customizable calendar.
- ScriptableWordClockWidget - Clock showing the current time in writing.
- CryptoDepotWidget - A widget showing your crypto balances.
- btc-usd-course.js - Shows the current bitcoin course in USD.
- Coronavirus.js - Covid-19 cases of a selected country.
- incidence.js - Covid-19 incidence data for Germany.
- incidence_at.js - Covid-19 incidence data for Austria.
- vaccination-stats.js - Covid-19 vaccination statistics for Germany.
- sonntagsfrage - The latest German political poll results.
Although the system is not an open-source, but it is free to use, build script for it and install it on your iPhone and iPad without any fee.