Slate is a window management application similar to Divvy and SizeUp (except better and free!). Originally written to replace them due to some limitations in how each work, it attempts to overcome them by simply being extremely configurable. As a result, it may be a bit daunting to get configured, but once it is done, the benefit is huge.
- Highly customizable
- Bind keystrokes to:
- move and/or resize windows
- directionally focus windows
- activate preset layouts
- create, delete, and activate snapshots of the current state of windows
- Set default layouts for different monitor configurations which will activate when that configuration is detected.
- Window Hints: an intuitive way to change window focus
- [Beta] A better, more customizable, application switcher.
- Custom modifiers
- Custom modal key
macOS (Intel & Apple Silicon) null
wm, window manager,tiling window manager,tiling,system,tools,productivity,utilities,macos tiling window manager