Sloth is a native Mac app that shows all open files, directories, sockets, pipes, and devices in use by all running processes on your system. This makes it easy to inspect which apps are using which files, etc.
- View all open files, directories, IP sockets, devices, Unix domain sockets, and pipes
- Filter by name, access mode, volume, type, location, or using regular expressions
- Sort by process name, file count, type, process ID, user ID, Carbon PSN, bundle UTI, etc.
- View IP socket status, protocol, port and version
- View sockets and pipes established between processes
- Inspection window with detailed macOS and Unix file/socket/process info
- Powerful contextual menu for file operations
- In-app authentication to run with root privileges
- Very fast, responsive native app written in Objective-C/Cocoa
Sloth is essentially a friendly, exploratory graphical user interface built on top of the lsof command line tool. The output of lsof is parsed and shown in a sortable, searchable outline view with all sorts of convenient additional functionality.
Install with HomeBrew
brew install --cask sloth
You can download the app as Application DMG package.
macOS (Intel and Apple Silicon) null