Trystero is a clandestine courier network that allows encrypted peer-to-peer communication without a server middleman.
It allows you to make any site multiplayer in a few lines.
It supports BitTorrent, Firebase, and IPFS as connection options and provides abstractions on top of WebRTC, including rooms for broadcasting, automatic serialization/deserialization of data, metadata attachment to binary data and media streams, automatic chunking and throttling of large data, progress events and promises for data transfers, and session data encryption.
Besides making peer matching automatic, Trystero offers some nice abstractions on top of WebRTC:
- 👂📣 Rooms / broadcasting
- 🔢📩 Automatic serialization / deserialization of data
- 🎥🏷 Attach metadata to binary data and media streams
- ✂️⏳ Automatic chunking and throttling of large data
- ⏱🤞 Progress events and promises for data transfers
- 🔐📝 Session data encryption
- MIT license