Project VimR is a Neovim GUI for macOS. Our confident goal is to create an editor that incorporates Neovim functionality while providing the convenience of modern GUI features. We primarily use Swift, but also utilize C/Objective-C when necessary.
The features include Markdown preview, generic HTML preview (which retains scroll position upon reloading), a fuzzy file finder similar to Xcode's "Open Quickly", trackpad support for zooming and scrolling, and the ability to enable ligatures in the Preferences. Additionally, we offer a command line tool and a (Simple) file browser.
- Markdown preview
- Generic HTML preview (retains the scroll position when reloading)
- Fuzzy file finder a la Xcode's "Open Quickly..."
- Trackpad support: Pinching for zooming and two-finger scrolling.
- Ligatures: Turned off by default. Turn it on in the Preferences.
- Command line tool.
- (Simple) File browser
- Flexible workspace model a la JetBrain's IDEs
- Neovim's runtime-files, needed to embed Neovim in a Cocoa App
- SwiftPM module which bundles everything
- RxSwift wrapper of Neovim API
- Implementation of MsgpackRpc using RxSwift
- RxSwift wrapper for local and remote CFMessagePort
- Provides pre-built binaries
- MIT License