What is Wger?
Wger is a free, privacy-first workout progress and fitness tracker app for android.
The wger app is your personalized fitness diary – but you own your data. Use the REST API to access and do amazing things with it.
The app is powered by a community of developers, who take care of its backend, and Android client.
The app is consisting off: a client android app that is built with Flutter, and a backend server application that keeps your data private, safe and secure.
The backend app is built with Django, which can be installed easily on any server either from source or using Docker.
- Offers a seamless user experience
- Wger comes with informative dashboard and simple native looking navigation
- It supports multiple users out-of-the-box which makes it ideal for teams, groups, and families
- With its self-hosted backend, teams can use it privately to manage their workout
- Totally free (open-source) projects, you can use it for free or download and customize it according to your requirements.
- Users can register a free account to sync their data to the server, which does not share or use any user's data.
- You can use your own server, by installing the backend server app and configuring it on the app, which provides more privacy, and you are in charge of your own data.
- It includes a dynamic logger that helps athletes to log, record, tracks their workout with a few steps.
- With more than 200 exercises, users can design a workout plan, customize workout sets, and reputation counts.
- It allows users to create and track their nutritional plans.
- Athletes can use it to plan, manage and set their daily workouts
- It contains more than 78000 products and ingredients
- Wger helps users to set their goals and track their progress
- It does not share users data or share usage statistics
- Daily reporting per day and month
- Include charts and diagrams which help users track their progress.
Wger app permissions
- Prevent phone from sleeping: Allows the app to prevent the phone from going to sleep.
- Have full network access: Allows the app to create network sockets and use custom network protocols. The browser and other applications provide means to send data to the internet, so this permission is not required to send data to the internet.
- Take pictures and videos: This app can take pictures and record videos using the camera at any time.
- Record audio: This app can record audio using the microphone at any time.
- View network connections: Allows the app to view information about network connections such as which networks exist and are connected.
Download and install Wger on your Android phone
GNU Affero General Public License v3.0.