The xbar app is a lightweight, open-source native app for macOS that helps you create a custom menu, apps, scripts that runs directly from your menubar.
It is a modular system that allows users to build and run their own custom scripts.
The xbar is written with the Go programming language, and uses Objective-C for native macOS binding.
I have been using the xbar app for a quite sometime, It is proven to be a useful handy tool particularly to track cryptocurrency, news, and COVID-19 statistics.
The xbar app Features
- Totally free, and open-source software that you can install without worrying about hidden in-app purchase
- A lightweight app that does not eat your system resources
- The xbar app has a vast ecosystem which include dozens of useful scripts
- It includes hundreds of pre-build plugins by default
- You can write your own custom plugin and script in any language
- Easy to install and use plugins
The xbar app is a free, open-source software that is released under the MIT License (MIT).