Bika LIMS, is one of the oldest and yet reliable open source LIMS solutions around, As it went to production in 2005, providing releases, and support for the users. It has also very clear workflow and powerful documents support as it exports the results in different formats.
Bika LIMS came out as a web based system, supporting many languages, and clean UI for the users.
- Multi-user roles and permissions.
- Results Export.
- Integration ready with existing ERP systems.
- Total Quality Control Tools : Sampling, Methods, Product specifications, ISO 17025 quality single and multi Sample COA , Logs and audit trails.
- Finance & Management and Reporting Tools.
- Dynamic and Easy accisable logging.
- Barcode printing and scanning
Bika team has extended the functionality of the core system to create BikaHealth which is Patient Centred, and EMR Integration Ready.
Bika was build on top of Zope framework, and Plone CMS/ Framework, which are build on Python. The UI may look outdates, But Bika is a solid system for Labs. It has very clear documentation, powerful team to support it and very powerful users community as well as very effective sponsors who realise the necessity of this project.
Bika may look tricky to install for non-experianced user but it takes no time with experianced developers to make it up and running. Bika has listed Professional LIMS user and technical support Service providers - list .
If you are looking for open source free laboratory management information system (LIMS), you may check our article : Top 10 free open source laboratory information systems (LIMS)